Friday, July 10, 2009

Dogs, Dogs...

The last few days have been crazy. I'm not sure why, but crazy... After the painting was done, we (and by we, I mean S), worked on the closet in our bedroom. He did lots of demo, but then my sister (A) and her friend (K), came into town. I convinced Scott to go boating instead of working on the house. Now, considering that we've been working on our basement remodel, I'm not sure that redirecting a motivated husband was the best idea, but boating was super fun. We managed to flip a three person tube over multiple times. My leg still hurts from hitting the water. Sadly, there is no bruise as proof that it actually hurts, but it does.

Monday and Tuesday were relatively uneventful, but Scott did work on the closet. Progress... We had lights in the closet and the sconces up on our bedroom walls by Tuesday night. Woo hoo!

Then, Wednesday, I was a little overzealous. My horseback riding instructor's birthday was on Tuesday, and since our regularly scheduled lesson is Wednesday, I made cupcakes. I might, have a teeny, tiny obsession with cupcakes. They are the most adorable, perfect packages of cake and FROSTING (this is the entire reason I eat cupcakes) that they are just the right thing for a celebration. They were Snickerdoodle Cupcakes from Martha Stewart's website. And, they were delicious. Little bites of bliss, I say!!! (Here's a link to the recipe, hopefully I'm allowed to do that and not violate too many copyrights: http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/snickerdoodle-cupcakes?lnc=98d20356c0041210VgnVCM1000003d370a0aRCRD&backto=true&backtourl=/our-best-cupcakes?lnc=98d20356c0041210VgnVCM1000003d370a0aRCRD&rsc=slideshow_food_our-best-cupcakes&contentid=ff6442b4fa881210VgnVCM1000003d370a0aRCRD#slide_7 ).

The cupcakes were a hit, and my family was excited because they actually got some. Usually I make yummy snacks and cart them off to work, much to the dismay of my daughter. And, I found out that G (our two year old), can say cupcake. It sounds like "stuck", but it is cupcake, and be damned if you tell him that he can't have one. The screaming ensues and there is stomping and hitting. It's not pretty... Sadly, I failed to take a picture of the cupcakes, along with Ed, the horse I ride. I haven't quite figured out the picture taking part of blogging yet.

Thursday I took our puppy, Queue out for a run. We went two miles, which I figured would just get her more excited, but she was tired afterwards. It was great! Usually after a 4 mile bike ride, she takes a 20 minute nap and is ready to go again. But on Thurs, she just came home and passed out on the couch. Yay!!!

Tonight, we had a puppy play date with a friend at work. She is watching another co-worker's dog while she is on vacation and the puppy seems to have developed a taste for books, asthma medicine (I think just getting into the package of meds, not actually ingesting any), and pretty much everything else that he's not supposed to. So, we got the puppies together in hopes that it would wear Jake out. I'll get the full report on Monday, but here's hoping. Oh - and Queue only escaped once from the office property (there was an employee still in the office that didn't realize the dogs were out there and opened the gate). It gave me quite a scare.

So here's hoping this weekend is relaxing, although I have quite a list of activities planned - repainting a mirror, cleaning house, finishing all of the weeding in the flowerbeds, grocery shopping... This is not sounding like the most relaxing of weekends. Maybe the next one...

No comments:

Post a Comment