Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Car Guy

Car Guy, who is Car Guy, you ask??? Lightning McQueen - according to Disney. To G, it's just Car Guy. He is the bain of my existence. While I love Disney, and I do love the movie Cars, I cannot take it anymore. G has figured out that watching Cars is the best thing EVER, and we watch it everytime we watch TV. When someone wants to watch something else, G screams, and throws a fit and bellows "No!!! Car!!! Guy!!!".

It's been an obsession since the middle of May, and at first it was a great distraction. I could, for example, take a shower and dry my hair and put on makeup - UNINTERRUPTED!!! Or, I could cook dinner, without holding a toddler. What bliss! But now, the little one has become more demanding. I must sit next to him and WATCH Car Guy. I can, for short durations, sneak off to do something else, like go to the bathroom, or get a binky, or get Master G a snack. But, he comes to find me if I take too long and states simply "Mom, Car Guy." Okay, I say, and we wander downstairs to watch Car Guy. If I try to sing along to the songs, he puts his hand on my mouth and shushes me. So I tried lip syncing to see what he would do, and that was also unacceptable. We may need to work a bit on a certain someone getting his way.

So, G now has Car Guy underpants (newly purchased as incentive to actually use the toilet), Car Guy cups, and Car Guy pull ups. But, he also has Toy Story pull ups. Now, some nights I can put those on him, as long as he doesn't notice. But, if he does notice, he demands we switch to Car Guy. And the sucker that I am, I make the switch.

This weekend, we were able to venture out of the box and watch - you won't believe it - The Incredibles. (We are a family of Disney freaks, I tell you.) He actually watched about half of it before demanding to watch Car Guy. And now, we are watching Toy Story, but only because he knows those are the guys on his pull ups, and he finally conceded. We're 20 minutes in, and no mention of Car Guy yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment