Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Beginning

Well, I've thought many times that I should start a blog. Not because I'm extraordinarily interesting, but because it's a good place to document our crazy life. For example, as I type this, our youngest son, G, is attempting to convince me that I should let him play in our boat - by himself and is trying is hardest to figure out how to climb inside. Our dogs are barking and playing chase along the fenceline with our neighbor's dog, and will not stop. But, such is life.

Anyway, originally, I was going to start dogski. Dogski was intended to be about just that - skiing with dogs. I'll pick it back up this winter, with fun posts, stories and pics, but for now it will lie dormant. There is also another reason - we lost one of our puppies in January - the height of skiing season. I just didn't have the heart to write about it, so it sat...

Then, I am such a procrastinator, I just couldn't find a good time to start just a generic blog, like this one. Every week there was an excuse - not good enough material, not enough time, better things to do (the dishes and laundry are still waiting for me...). So I decided that July 1 would be the day. Then, I almost forgot to post! Hah! That would have knocked me back another month. Good thing for random thoughts (something I am excellent at). Ironically, in the last few weeks, we've had quite an interesting time of it. The awning blew off of our travel trailer during a freak windstorm, our children thought they would make the rope swing on our trailer harder to climb, so they cut the bottom of the ropes. Yes, our crazy expensive Rainbow playset. S & I could not believe it. It took a while to calm down from that one.

So hopefully the funny children stories will abound and the material for the blog will be easy to find. We'll see!

1 comment:

  1. I really like this post mom. I'll try to do more funny things for this bolg.

    ReplyDelete