Sunday, February 21, 2010

The First Sewing Project...

Our daughter Lily decided today that she wanted to sew. Not just a beanbag, or something small, but an outfit for her doll. She has an American Girl doll that she desperately wants to sew clothing for, but I haven't had a chance to get to the fabric store to purchase a pattern. So today we embarked on a real sewing project. A jacket. For her.

She was really excited, until I started copying the pattern onto pattern paper. She kept asking why we had to do that part. I explained to her that the pattern went up to size 14, so we could reuse the pattern. While this kept her entertained for a while, she was interested until we turned on the lastest episode of Phineas and Ferb that she hadn't seen.

So now, she's sitting on the couch watching TV while the fabric is in the washer. Good thing I forgot to wash it!

I'll be sure to include future posts of her progress. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment